When thinking about adopting a cat or dog, consider the following before adding an animal companion:
- What kind of animal will fit your lifestyle
- How much time you have to spend with the animal
- If you live in an apartment, condo, or trailer park, be sure you have written permission to have an animal companion
- Everyone in the household must be in agreement about adoption of a pet.
- Age of those in the household
- Can you support the costs of owning a pet: Quality Food, routine vet care, the occasional pet health issue, etc.
- Review helpful articles